[OM] Re: Sigma 16mm fisheye lens on E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: Sigma 16mm fisheye lens on E-1
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 13:37:32 +0200
>Hi all,
>
>This afternoon I had a quick try with this lens.  The image curvature is not
>nearly as pronounced as on a 35mm film camera. Of course it is equivalent
>to a 35mm camera 32mm lens when mounted on the E-1

Is it really so? Since the lens is a fisheye, I would expect a wider
field of view than if it was a rectilinear wide angle lens: something
similar to the FOV of a 28mm or even a 24mm.

Could you compare the width of what you see with the 16mm on the E-1,
with a 35mm, 28mm and 24mm on the OM-4? Thanks!

I am even more interested by the Sigma 15mm fisheye, which perhaps
could make a rather compact wide angle (not the 14mm, which is
rectilinear and thus would become a 28mm on the E-1).

Bernard