[OM] Re: Discounted E-1s in my city ( OT )

Subject: [OM] Re: Discounted E-1s in my city ( OT )
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 11:32:33 -0300
on 3/08/2005 09:34, John Hermanson at omtech@xxxxxxxxx, wrote:

> Yes, Olympus is very good about warranty service on items bought anywhere.
Quite agree. When my 2 was new (ca.1981), the 1.4 made a somehow odd move
from 1.4 to 2. I was young and had a lot of free time, so wrote a letter to
the Latin America rep., and travelled to Buenos Aires where it was repaired
under warranty. On 1982 I bought the 200/4 and didn't like the play it had
when mounted, measured diameter and wrote to Japan. I still have a new 200/4
bayonet mount, and the 200/4 still has its play when mounted. Then, the
rubber grip got loose, wrote again and received a new rubber grip. Then, the
1.4 rubber grip got loose, and received and replaced it for a new one sent
from Japan. This was when I thought I should have bought a N* instead, the
rubber grips on their N*krs looked fine.
But I think it's not a virtue of Oly Japan only, but of all japanese
products during the '80s (got under warranty a new Yam* preamp for a top of
the line integrated, because RF entered as if it was tuned to do so - the UK
version of the same model was thoroughly filtered).

Fernando.