[OM] Re: OT How NOT to make a casual portrait

Subject: [OM] Re: OT How NOT to make a casual portrait
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 20:14:26 -0400
I will, but things are nearly back to normal ;)  The crew and emergency
response did an AMAZING job... I listened to CBC on the way to work this
morning, and they were interviewing an EMT who was at the scene.
Emeregency services arrived in 53 seconds, and by that time a
significant number of passengers had already exited the plane, and the
entire plane was emptied in less than 2 minutes; and that's with two
exits not available.  The EMT said that the passengers were heroic.
While dazed, they were pretty calm and did the right things.  The Air
France crew was stellar.

I figure with a transportation emergency out of the way, the ferry will
be able to return me, unlike last year when it shut down after only 60
days of beginning service, stranding my boss and his family in Toronto.
But if it happens to me and I have to remain in Canada... oh well.

Earl