[OM] Re: [OT] Viruses

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Viruses
From: Chris Savage <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 13:46:11 +0100
Earl Dunbar wrote:

>Vectoring/forwarding and infection can be quite different things.  Are
>you saying a virus has been written to execute on multiple hardware
>platforms?  If so, how was the code written?  Java?  That would be
>interesting.  Sorry if I am asking something known to the world, but I'm
>not up to date on virus-writing technology.

It was one of those lowest-common-denominator viruses that infect the wetware.
You know the ones: "FBI has just identified...Microsoft experts baffled" sort
of things. Very old-hat and low-tech, but spread like wildfire and waste plenty
of time, energy and bandwidth.

It only infected me because the sanctimonious tone of the ARM-user who passed
it to my sister (who passed it to me) deserved a stiff LART reply.
Unfortunately his email address bounced, thereby doubling the resources that I
wasted.

--
Chris