[OM] Re: Film scanners?

Subject: [OM] Re: Film scanners?
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:21:38 -0300
On 8/3/05, R. Jackson <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Anyone really happy with a film scanner? I've been thinking that I
> may go the "digital darkroom" route long before I consider giving up
> film and I notice that film is SO dead that almost all the scanner
> reviews I'm reading are several years old.

I don't like posting FS posts as a reply to someone looking for advice
on what to buy. That said, I have a new scanner on the way and would
like to sell my old one. The old scanner is a Canon FS2710 which scans
35mm and APS at 2720ppi.

In the interests of full disclosure, here's why I'm selling it:

1. The scanner's only connection is SCSI and my new Mac doesn't have
SCSI (I do have the SCSI card that came with the scanner but it's for
PC's only).

2. I want something with a higher resolution so that I can make bigger prints.

3. I have some MF and plan to shoot some LF and want something that
can scan those shots as well.

So my new scanner is a flatbed scanner that seems to offer pretty good
35mm scanning as well (the Canon 9950F).

In my last message I had said I'm looking for $200 US or best offer
for the FS2710. I'll pay shipping within North America and am willing
to ship it to anywhere else at the buyer's expense.