[OM] Re: OM-1N Jumpy/sticky Meter needle

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1N Jumpy/sticky Meter needle
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 16:34:56 -0500
That's a fairly common problem with the 1n.  The meter is housed in a
separate plastic housing to facilitate removal, and they used a foil strip
to make the ground connection.  Problem is, they glued the foil in place,
and of course the glue weeped out -- presto, unreliable ground.

The best check is to remove the top cover, switch the meter on, and short
the meter's housing to ground -- if the meter instantly works, it's bad
ground.

The solution is to remove the meter housing, flip it over, and clean the
glue off the bronze-colored foil strip.  Also, you might want to scrape off
any black paint on the lug where the foil rests.  In short, an easy fix if
you know the problem.