[OM] Olympus digital (was ) on special in NZ

Subject: [OM] Olympus digital (was ) on special in NZ
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 20:12:28 +1200
Hi all

Funny thing happened today. I was in my favourite camera shop to collect
some prints (both sorts), and walked straight into "the Boss". (With whom I
have been dealing for at least 20 years)

"Are you responsible for the flood of orders we've had from the "place over
there" !! " was his opening gambit.

"Who - me? I'm scarcely responsible for myself let alone the purchasing
decisions of other people. You know that!! "

Well, I'd like to be able to say something like that which ever comes to me
only in hindsight.  In my dreams, as you might say.

Anyway, he was quite pleased, and as a result I had the smaller (the E lot)
of prints in my hand for free.  He is mighty impressed with the
communication within the Zuikoholics. As I am with the amount I have
learned about OMs and others from you fine lot.

They sold out of the 14-54 as well as of the DSLR, as I think at least one of
you know already.

And talking digital, there seems to be a steady flow of E-1s and E-300s on
the Trademe NZ site. Prices seem to include some good ones. I think these
are being sold by people who bought during the recent sales, and are trying
to turn over a quick buck; so the cameras etc should be brand-new.

Brian