[OM] Re: push processing Provia 100F

Subject: [OM] Re: push processing Provia 100F
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 23:50:43 +1000
At 10:10 AM 6/08/2005 -0300, John Hudson wrote:

>Does anyone have experience of push processing Provia 100F slide film by
>two stops?
>
>What are the resulting slides like as compared to ones that have been
>properly exposed?
>
>I exposed an entire roll at 400 ISO and some of the images are
>irreplaceable :-(

Hi John,

A quick Google brought up these comments:

http://www.shutterbug.net/test_reports/0300sb_fuji/
"When Provia 100F is pushed two stops to an EI of 400, the grain pattern is
still barely visible under the loupe, an incredible achievement."  "Provia
100F is recommended for pushing to a full 2 stops (for an effective film
speed of 400) with minimal variation in color balance or degradation."

http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epartners/bin/Provia100FAF3-036E.pdf
"Excellent Push/Pull-processing. Outstanding tolerance to exposure and
density compensation  during  processing, within .1/2 stop to +2 stops,
resulting in minimal variations color balance and gradation."

http://www.blackrabbit.com/cave101.htm
"If you can't find a good local lab that has experience in push processing,
try "Reed Photo Imaging" in Denver. This is an excellent lab that I've been
using for about 15 years. They can develop or push film in increments of
1/8 stop! They do not charge for push processing above their normal rates.
They're on the web at www.reedphoto.com"

Andrew McPhee