[OM] [OT] Twitching, was - Re: Man, my timing sucks sometimes...

Subject: [OM] [OT] Twitching, was - Re: Man, my timing sucks sometimes...
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 19:45:46 +1000
Tropical? Not today! Wet and very cold by local standards.
We have six species of parrot that visit - two are full-time
residents. Our local flock of sulphur-crested cockies is 20-30 strong
but only around 6-10 are around the house at any given time. There
are also Crimson and Eastern Rosellas, King Parrots, Galahs (Roseate
Cockatoos?) and Gang Gang Cockatoos. They are the smartest birds and
Cockies will follow you around the house, knocking on the windows, if
they feel that a feed is due.
I was in Bordeaux last year, at about this time, and was visiting a
gardening/lifestyle store (Jardiland!) that has a pet shop. At one
point I felt a tug at my shirt from behind and turned to find a
cockatoo enquiring after my health, in French. Quite bizarre. So was
the price at around 3,600 Euro. I did some quick calculations and
realised that the denizens of the shrubbery out back could improve my
superannuation exponentially.
I'll treat them with more respect now.
AndrewF