[OM] Man, my timing sucks sometimes...(OT)

Subject: [OM] Man, my timing sucks sometimes...(OT)
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 10:46:04 +1000
> Andrew Fildes wrote:
> We get five species of corvid in our backyard (four indigenous)

When I was a kid, my Nan use to tell me they were shouting
out my name - "Maaaaarc, Maaaaaarc, Maaaaaarc..." - under
some impression that I would find a large murder of crows
overhead screaming out my name somehow endearing rather
than insomnia-provoking ("Can't sleep...crows will eat me...
can't sleep...crows will eat me"). The cure was Graham
Kennedy's alternate hypothesis.

> but they fade in that department compared with the cockatoos
> ("feed me now or I eat your house, OK?!")

When we lived out in the McMansion 'burbs, we once inadvertently
called in with our birdfeeder a gang of about 20 of these
demolition experts. Once they began pulling out the big
roofing nails on our pergola and consuming the cedar windows
of our neighbours' houses we knew that it shouldn't be
encouraged. Somewhere I've a picture of about 12 of them
sitting on our pool fence (the other eight-or-so were "working").

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz