[OM] Re: Happy owner of a copy stand Testrite CS-2

Subject: [OM] Re: Happy owner of a copy stand Testrite CS-2
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 20:56:42 -0700
Bob Docherty wrote:

>I *bayed the thing. It has a 3200K light kit included.My daughter
>accompanied me on an hour drive to Madison, Indiana to pick it up. A nice
>Sunday drive. The only macro lenses I have are the Tamron 90mm 2.5 and the
>Kiron 105mm.

Two of the very best! (But you should have the Tamron that takes 49mm
filters.)

>I have the 80a filter for the 49mm mount but no 52mm
>correction lens. Can I post process, color correction, with Photoshop and be
>happy with the Kiron?

You may even find that you prefer doing the correction in PS. You don't
lose any speed and can fine tune the results. The lights and filter are
seldom both perfect anyway.

>Another question, can I use a Winder 2 on an OM-2s set to self timer and have
>it do aperture and mirror prefire? Does the winder respect the self timer of
>the OM-2s? I should know this by now, but I've never tried it.

I don't have a 2s, but it works on an OM-4, that is, the self-timer
activates from the Winder 2, whether directly or remotely activated.
Then it winds after the shutter closes.

>It would make my modification opf the Polaroid wireless remot control more
>useful. http://www.bellsouthpwp.net/l/o/lostkase/remote/
>any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I forgot about that! I meant to do that to my Polaroid remote when you
first posted it.

Moose