[OM] Re: For those of you that are fans of B&W

Subject: [OM] Re: For those of you that are fans of B&W
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 06:32:49 -0400
Chris (and all),

The letters and mouseover are ugly because of a bug in PHP's handling of
fonts.  There are workarounds and I need to try them (all are ugly).  It has
to do with the way transparency is handled (so the background shows
through).  It's on my (lengthy) list of corrections, bugs and enhancements.

As for PHP on the Mac, you need to run a webserver (Apache, etc) and then
add PHP.  I don't know if there is a Mac build or not, but you can check at
www.php.net.  Works fine on Microsoft IIS.

The gradient background is also created on the fly and with a simple
parameter change the background color changes.  some of these things I need
to back out, as I suspect they are slowing down the site.

But it's fun.

Tom