[OM] Re: Pinhole conversion

Subject: [OM] Re: Pinhole conversion
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 16:17:10 -0300

> On 8/8/05, Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I suggested buying a ready-made pinhole contraption because of my own
experience with DIY projects over many, many years.  Before I undertake any
project, unless it is an emergency -- like patching the roof if a meteorite
crashes through in the middle of a rainstorm -- I require as a prerequisite
a resoundingly affirmative answer to three questions:

I don't shy away from DIY projects unless it is potentially going to cost me
a lot of wasted money, or endanger my life, if I foul it up - so, for
example, I generally steer away from car repairs. There is quite a
difference between making a pinhole cap an repairing a hole in the roof.

I actually enjoy the challenge of DIY projects, so that I usually have
several on the go at any one time. For instance, in relation to photography,
I probably have 4 or 5 lenses for the OM's that I've had to disassemble and
repair, which I still have never used to take even one picture. And I have 3
or 4 cameras I've done minor repairs on, that have had only 1 or 2 films
through them at the most.

For me, after viewing several pinhole sites, I think I could conclude the
most enjoyable part of pinhole photography would be building the pinhole
device, whether it was just a cap, or a complete camera. Doesn't seem like
there is much to lose, money wise, or in picture quality.

Wayne