[OM] Re: Oh no! Into the digital world!

Subject: [OM] Re: Oh no! Into the digital world!
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 21:02:56 +0100
ScottGee1 asked:

> May I ask if B&Bs in Europe are as they were a few (ahem) decades ago?
> That is, simple rooms in a home with shared facilities and a simple
> breakfast?

Some of them certainly still are, certainly in France. The one we've booked in
Germany, where shared facilities is (and has been in West Germany since the
80s) well and truly a thing of the past, costs 130 DM for two.

Prices are very cheap compared with England. In France you can still find
hotels for 300-odd FF a night for a room for 2, and in (West) Germany it's a
bit more but still 100-odd DM a night is not impossible. In England it's
invariably above £60 a night, per person!

Regards,

Simon