[OM] Re: Dixons

Subject: [OM] Re: Dixons
From: Chris Savage <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 12:54:22 +0100
Dave Bell wrote:

>>On 8/8/05, Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>>Press Release:
>>>Goodbye 35mm cameras, thanks for the memories
>>>Dixons, the UK's leading high street retailer of consumer technology,
>>>

>Have never used them for photographic requirements for over a decade.
>
>The fact that they lost 4 x 36exp of pictures of my new born eldest daughter
>22 years ago is completely coincidental.......

I wouldn't use them for any requirement, unless I happened to have a
half-brick in my hand that simply had to be thrown through a window.

A few years back, when my flat was cleaned out by the neighbours, the
insurance settlement for my hifi and AV kit consisted of a voucher only
redeemable at Dixons. Consequently my Arcam/Cyrus/Monitor Audio setup
became a Denon midi-system (which I had to trawl every Dixons branch in
Wilts/Hants to find) because Dixons long ago decided that people don't
want proper audio separates. And I had to wait about two months for
delivery of a TV that was in the warehouse when I ordered it, no
explanation or apology offered.

I did manage to parlay an OM2SP into a Niknok F80 so that wasn't too
bad. Except the 2SP was in way better condition than any of the four
I've since bought.

And I'm sure my old address is still being pestered by extended warranty
offers.

A disaster of a company, best ignored by anyone who expects anything
approaching service from a retailer.