[OM] Re: The E-1 and me and the meaning of life

Subject: [OM] Re: The E-1 and me and the meaning of life
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 17:49:45 +0000
Now, suddenly, I think maybe I do know what it all means.  It means what I get
from the E-1 is close enough to what I can get from an OM, even one loaded
Provia 100F or Velvia 50 (but maybe not Kodachrome), to make the instant
feedback, the price per shot, not to mention not needing to scan stuff, worth
the trade-off of any minor, imagined or otherwise, loss of quality.  And that's
also why I've suddenly gravitated back to the Mamiya and the Graphics: in order
to get significantly better quality than I get from the E-1, I've got to jump
over the OMs and go to 6x7 and 6x9.

It's sort of a sad day, now that I think about it, but I can see clearly now.

Or I'll maybe be able to once the tears dry up.  :-[

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --