[OM] Re: The E-1 and me and the meaning of life

Subject: [OM] Re: The E-1 and me and the meaning of life
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 11:43:47 -0700 (PDT)
> And that's also why I've suddenly gravitated back to
> the Mamiya and the Graphics: in order to get significantly
> better quality than I get from the E-1, I've got to jump over
> the OMs and go to 6x7 and 6x9.

And that's an outstanding point.  The OM and E-1 are producing
equivelent images (in real life usage), why not use the E-1?
However, MF/LF does take the images to another level that
digital just is unable to match.  And we're not just talking
"resolution" either.  I did a few contact prints of some 4x5
negs the other day.  They may be small prints but there is a 3D
depth there and tonal sweep that just doesn't stop.  "Purity" is
a term that applies nicely to the result. Ok, maybe I'll
consider holding onto the 4x5.  Maybe.

At least with 4x5 I can "convert" the "RAW File" one image at a
time instead of "batch processing" an entire roll.

AG

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail