[OM] Re: gluing parts light meters

Subject: [OM] Re: gluing parts light meters
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 14:56:31 -0400
I just pulled out my own Sekonic L-358 to get an idea of what you're
talking about.  I would guess that the rubber strips on mine were
attached with rubber cement and that's what I'd use to stick one back
on.  Probably one of the few cements that you can pretty much guarantee
will stick these dissimilar materials together and still be able to get
them clealy apart again if necessary.

The first thing I'd do, however, is to make sure all remnants of the Goo
Gone are also gone before applying any more rubber cement.  The Goo Gone
label recommends washing fabric that has been cleaned with Goo Gone.  I
think I'd clean the affected area with a bit of soapy water on a rag and
then wipe repeatedly with a clean, wet paper towel or rag.

Let us know how it comes out.

Chuck Norcutt