[OM] Scratched negs

Subject: [OM] Scratched negs
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 18:43:36 -0400
You may recall that a month or two ago I posted about some XP2 Super
negs that had been scratched.  Originally the processor claimed
innocence, ("It can't happen with your machinery") but they eventually
refunded my money.  As a result of the fact that the film was bulk
loaded and that they have had other types of problems with bulk loaded
film, they are no longer processing bulk loaded film.

Anyway, I finally have uploaded the worst "offending" shot to my Yahoo
gallery.  I set it to public access, so if anyone cares to look and
comment it is here:

<http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/2ce70cfb_L408dda91/bc/My+Photo+Album/Scratched+Neg.jpg?bfmmA.CBYyBQD7gw>

I just see no way this could have been a result of my winding of the
film into a virgin cassette.  (Which implies it was NOT part of the
swimsuit issue.)

Post processing in GIMP2.

Note to Wayne:  Taken from my Will Ruch canoe, paddling in the Genessee
River past Kodak Park.

Earl