[OM] Re: Lenses on E-1 & OM

Subject: [OM] Re: Lenses on E-1 & OM
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:57:16 +0200
>Bernard asked me to compare the width of the Sigma 16mm fish-eye on the
>E-1 with the Zuiko 24, 28 and 35 on an OM.
>
>According to my assessment, the 24mm is about 5 degrees wider, the
>28mm a little bit less wide and the 35mm is about 10 - 15 degrees less wide.
>
>Brian

Brian, thanks! So the 16mm, being a fisheye, does not correspond
strictly to a 2x16mm = 32mm on the E-1, but rather to a 26mm or so.

I have sniped a Sigma 15mm (Nikon mount) on *bay, this should be
closer to a 24mm equivalent.

Unfortunately the seller does not seem to answer his mail, I'm afraid
he was disappointed with the price he got (only $162). His contact
information does not mention a phone number, and he is not in his
country's (Austria) phone book. I'll wait that a week has elapsed,
then file a complaint with eBay. Should I place a bad comment on his
profile?

Bernard