[OM] Re: Pinhole conversion

Subject: [OM] Re: Pinhole conversion
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:56:19 +0100
Johan, I have seen reports of a pinhole camera constructed out of (or
better, "in") a wheeled household refuse/garbage container.  It seems to me
that the larger the frame size, the bigger your problems with image fall-off
at the frame edges, and the longer your exposre times - but that could work
to your advantage (at least with the wheely-bin) since you will have a
built-in tripod-substitute.

Instructions here (mid way down the page):
http://www.pinholephotography.org/Can%20and%20Bin%20A4.htm

Here is a reference to an exhibition of such prints:
http://www.belfastexposed.com/exhibitions/2002/exhiricpet.html

Of course, womens' shoe boxes are to be preferred, since you then get to
make the pinhole with a stiletto, which is much more stylish :-)

--
Piers