[OM] Samples from my lovely E-1, was E300 vs E1

Subject: [OM] Samples from my lovely E-1, was E300 vs E1
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:04:57 +0100
I expect that you have already made up your mind Paul, but I have
just published the results of a "photo shoot" I volunteered for last
month.  I took my E-1 and 14-54 with a couple of flashes, the FL20
and FL36, to the dinner to celebrated some of our students who are
leaving university and my Squadron this year.  The organiser booked
us into Magdelene College, Cambridge, and had sorted us out a pretty
special dinner.  I took some photos at the pre-dinner drinks (de
rigueur for these occasions) and then a few group shots in one of the
quadrangles of the College.

I used little by way of fiddling with the camera, merely setting the
FL20 to anti-redeye indoors.  Outdoors I used the FL36 in automatic
mode.  The AF worked, the AWB worked, the flash did its bit and all
were recorded in SHQ.  The results are here:

http://homepage.mac.com/zuiko/ULAS_Photos/PhotoAlbum24.html

You don't need to know why some people were eating without hands, but
the white scarf effect might give you a hint.  I was most impressed
at how easy the camera was to use for impromptu shots.  I had a
tripod for the group shots outside, so that I could be in them, but
all the other shots were hand-held.  The composition is flawed, the
expressions sometimes gormless, but it was very easy to use the
camera ...

... suggestions from anyone would be gratefully received - e.g.
posing groups, white balance etc ...

Chris
~~ >-)-
C M I Barker