[OM] Re: OT Web Design

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Web Design
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:29:25 -0300
On 8/11/05, Jonas Otter <jonas@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Javascript on the other hand has nothing at all to do with Java, except for
> the letters J, a, v and a prepended in that order to the word "script".

Yes, in fact Netscape originally called it something else (Livescript
if memory serves) but then changed the name to Javascript because Java
was the hot new technology at that time. I think they may have changed
some of the syntax a bit to make it more Java-like but I can't say for
certain since I have only done minimal work with Javascript and
haven't coded Java at all.