[OM] Re: E300 vs E1

Subject: [OM] Re: E300 vs E1
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:14:49 EDT
In a message dated 8/11/2005 8:39:25 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
bs.pearce@xxxxxxx writes:

Now  there's a bizarre consideration on this list. Hands up all those
with more  than $10,000 worth of camera equipment AND and pro photog
income  stream!!!

Interesting proposition.  With the cameras, gadgets, doodads and  associated
computers/printers/scanners the inventory is probably that or a bit  more.
The income stream for me and probably many on the list is there also  . . .
just
not from photography.

Thirty something years ago, fairly fresh out of college and working as a
photographer I made a decision to change direction with my career.  I found
that
dancing to someone else's music with my photography, working many  nights and
weekends took much of the joy out of photography for me.  From  what I could
tell, most of the successful professionals were busting their  buns and not
living the high life.

For the past 20 plus years insurance sales and service has provided me  with
a good living and has allowed me for the past few years to indulge my  passion
for photography.  It didn't get me away from working night and  weekends, but
I certainly don't work near as many as I did when I was building  the
business and working 6 or 7 days a week.

I would suggest that most on this list are quite happy with whatever
equipment they own, producing images they enjoy, learning, growing and pursuing

their chosen path.  I'm thankful to have this group of photo buddies with  whom
associate in cyberspace . . . and The Swan along the banks of the river
Thames.  Bill Barber