[OM] Re: Miroslav Tichý (was Pinhole co nversion)

Subject: [OM] Re: Miroslav Tichý (was Pinhole co nversion)
From: "iwert" <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:51:08 +0200
> If someone was to say they like Tichý's photos that's fine by me. Art being
> in the eye of the beholder as so on...
>
> They just didn't appeal to me in the slightest.  To me they look amateurish
> and pretentious.  But maybe I'm wrong too.  After all, this guy's photos
> are being exhibited, there's a book and film.  Good luck to him.
>
> Andrew McPhee

I saw the exhibition in person while in the Kunsthaus for a very nice
exhibition of HRC Bresson photographs juxtaposed to Giacometti bronzes.

Next to this fine exhibition there were to pohotography expo's: one of pictures
of the L.A. police department archives, and the one of Tichy.

I have to say HRC and Giacometti were the finest and most subtle
interpretations of human behaviour. The other two gave me more mixed emotions.

However I just liked tichy's naieve stubbornes in going on with a theme for 30+
years. He lives in a hut, and I doubt he will change his live much after this
exhibition. He will go on forever putting together funny self made camera's,
and persuing the ideal of: there is no beauty (in his case female) without
defect (in his case hist technique). There is a "saying" that he who persists
in his madness will one day get recognition - so tis is a proof to thet saying.
What I clearly didn't like about this expo was the "swiss modernist clean
presentation" which was not supporting the overal theme :).

Iwert.

Scarlet ASDL - we hebben vast een formule die bij u past
Alle info op http://www.scarlet.be/nl/consumer/adsl/