[OM] Re: OM or E-1 usage

Subject: [OM] Re: OM or E-1 usage
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 23:23:51 +1200
Hi all,

One or two have commented they use their OMs less now.

Funny; I find I use the OMs even more at the moment, for some reason I
cannot fathom. I did a series with the 35mm shift lens and I am rapt with the
results; sharper than I ever imagined it capable of.

But the E-1 is wonderful in its own way too. I have sent scads of shots to
people for their use; including to a local professor of Geography who used
them in a talk to our community about the danger we face from tsunamis
(and it's very real). I like the way I can send good images to people within
few
hours of taking them. I have one or two I'd like to share when I get around to
making a page or two.

Now that I am more at home with "The Gimp" on my laptop, I find it really
good and quick. However, I still have not completely sussed out how to get
results from unsharp mask equivalent to what I get with Adobe Photodeluxe.

I have just bought a roll of Ilford SFX 36 exp ($NZ 17.50, trade price), and
recently won an infra-red filter on the Bay, so that should be fun for the
Zuikos.

Brian