[OM] Re: Well, that's that, then....

Subject: [OM] Re: Well, that's that, then....
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 09:30:24 -0700
Thanks for sharing that. I have been skeptical of microdrives myself.
They are technological wonders with all those tiny parts moving at
ungodly speeds, but even the big ones fail and we back them up. Plus
compared to memory cards they are slow and suck more energy out of
your camera's battery. As in the article some one posted here some
time ago they don't work after nailing them to a tree. :-)

Of course CF cards are said to fail sometimes, but they seem to tempt
fate less. I tend to use small CF cards rather than the giant ones
after thinking about how much more unhappy I would be losing 400
images than 50 or a 100.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA