[OM] Re: Sigma 14mm F3.5 Fisheye?

Subject: [OM] Re: Sigma 14mm F3.5 Fisheye?
From: "Daniel Sepke" <dan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 17:14:02 -0400
Ali,

I suspect that this lens is a predecessor of the Sigma 14mm f2.8 super wide
and not actually a fisheye. Sigma's current full frame fisheye is a 15mm but
in the past has been a 16mm. There are confusing reports when Googling
"Sigma 14mm f3.5" as to is fisheye-ness (what a lovely new word!). Either
way I would suspect it is rather uncommon in OM mount. As to the quality
your guess is as good as mine. Sigma is all over the place when it comes to
quality reports in my experience. Some people seem to get lucky and get a
good one so who knows maybe you will?

HTH, Dan S.

From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Ali
Subject: [OM] Sigma 14mm F3.5 Fisheye?
Ebay item 7538256849
Is this really a Sigma Fisheye or just an ultrawide? Have not heard of
this particular Fisheye!
Thanks.
- Ali