[OM] [OT} more E-1 silliness

Subject: [OM] [OT} more E-1 silliness
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 17:28:17 -0400
I hand held this one at 1/60.  Thought the pattern was kind of
interesting.  Sharpened a bit and curves was used to accent the
highlights a bit more.

http://people.simons-rock.edu/rlovison/temp/E-1.second.html

Another funny digital newbie moment... I took an indoor natural light
shot of the living room with the patio door open with partly cloudy
skies.  It looked as if there were only 3 stops of light before I took
the image and after I viewed it I thought, "geez the dynamic range of
this camera is rather limited."  I just about lost highlight detail
and the shadows near the fireplace were pure black.  So I decided to
double check the stops of light with the OM-4t spot and it indicated 6
stops.  Oops, so much for my initial judgement call. :)  It certainly
didn't look like 6 stops of light to my eye between the sun lit carpet
near the door and the dark green/black stone at the fireplace.  .

Richard