[OM] Re: Time-lapse ingenuity

Subject: [OM] Re: Time-lapse ingenuity
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 01:45:01 -0700
It's a standard Quicktime file, as far as I know. I think all that's
necessary is to have the Quicktime plugin installed in your browser.
The guy just took a C@non (he uses 60 of the big full-frame ones for
his work, so I assume that's what he used) and took the stills doing
exposure adjustments on the fly as the sun went down. That's 300
frames, moving the tripod between each exposure. At first glance
you'd swear it was a motion control shot. Very interesting technique.
Labor-intensive, but cheap if you already have a digi of some kind.