[OM] Re: remote_sensor for T-32 & OM-1n combo ?

Subject: [OM] Re: remote_sensor for T-32 & OM-1n combo ?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 08:33:43 -0400
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:

>>Must be silly my asking about this,
>
> Silly indeed, and anwsering myself: the T-32 bounces the reflector but not
> the sensor.
> S**t, that remote sensor looked nice...

If you're only going to use a single flash I would recommend something
from the Sunpak line such as the 422 or 522.  These flash units both
tilt and swivel the head but leave the auto mode sensor pointing at the
subject.  The 522 can also use a separate remote sensor either TTL or
normal auto mode.  However, I recommend two flash units for better
lighting when possible.

If you'd like to add another T-32 you can put that one in the hotshoe so
the sensor is pointing straight ahead at the subject.  Use the one on
the BG-2 in manual or auto mode to bounce around the room and add
background light and shadow fill.  The light from this flash should be a
couple of stops down from the direct light and thus not a significant
impact to the main auto mode exposure from the hot shoe flash.

If you've got a flash meter you can figure this out pretty quickly.  If
you leave the bounce unit on auto you can control its output as well by
adjusting the ISO or auto aperture setting.  ISO is easier since you can
easily relate that to stops.

Chuck Norcutt