[OM] Re: Future of camera sales; was: E300 vs E1

Subject: [OM] Re: Future of camera sales; was: E300 vs E1
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 08:01:40 -0700
The E-300 is at my local CompUSA. Not the E-1 though.

There seems to be a marketing split with some of the companies. They
pretty well restrict their better cameras to dealers. For a long
while the Canon 300D and 10D were the only DSLRs at the computer
stores and electronics stores. Nikon restricted all their DSLRs to
dealers. They must have thought Canon had a good idea as I saw the
D70 in those places soon after it was introduced and now the D50
while Canon has added the 350D and 20D.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA