[OM] Re: Good quality 3rd party lenses!

Subject: [OM] Re: Good quality 3rd party lenses!
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:26:40 EDT

In a message dated 8/14/2005 5:23:29 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
multipasser@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Is there  a website that contains a very good up to date list of all the good
3rd party  lenses for the OM system?
I mean you can buy loads on ebay but how good or  bad are they really?

Especcially the expensive Zuiko's like the 16mm,  8mm, 20mm, 24mm ect. I bet
there are very good replacements, maybe better, for  less money?

Generally speaking after you have checked with the "Cult Classics Page"
which someone else has already given you the Tamron SP series of adaptall
lenses
are good as are the Tokina AT-X series.  That being said of the ones you
mentioned I can't imagine a third party lens being much cheaper (given what you

get)  than the Zuiko 24mm f2.8.  The Tamron SP 17mm would be my choice  of the
others.  The 8mm you will have to go with the Zuiko if you need an  8mm.  As
you work you way up the ladder, the Tamron SP 90mm f2.5, 180mm  f2.5, 300mm
f2.8 and 400mm f4, have with the exception of the 90mm replaced  Zuiko's in my
kit.  The Tamron SP and Tokina AT-X 80-200 f2.8 either are or  have been in my
kit.  The price differentials between the Zuikos and these  lens can be great
or not, however I don't think you will see any difference in  the quality of
images they can give you.  The Tamron SP 60-300 is also a  lens you might want
tin a kit.  Bill Barber