[OM] Re: **SPAM** Re: Back up your data.

Subject: [OM] Re: **SPAM** Re: Back up your data.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 18:10:49 -0700
Tom Scales wrote:

>>From my experience, I'll never use another Maxtor hard drive again.  Your
>LaCie might have had one inside.  They're very susceptible to heat problems
>and can't stand being in an external case -- even when they are sold as
>Maxtor external drives.

Now you tell me!  :-)   Actually, I'm not worried. I just bought and
installed a Maxtor 300gb SATA drive. However, it is mounted in a 5 1/4
"  bay in a heavy metal adapter that holds it firmlyon the sides only,
so it has a heat sink and is also surrounded by plenty of air space on
top and bottom in a multi fan case. 620gb and climbing..........  Hope
that holds me for a while. :-)

Moose