[OM] Re: Graphics viewers?

Subject: [OM] Re: Graphics viewers?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:09:03 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

>Moose wrote:
>

>>It seems to me there are three related, but separate functions being
>>discussed here.
>>
>>1. File browsing with thumbnails of graphics files.
>>2. File viewing at full screen or larger.
>>3. File indexing.
>>
>>Although I'm interested in indexing on the desktop, my primary current
>>interest is something that nicely does nos.1 and 2 on a portable. The
>>

>files won't live there long, just 'til I get
>home.-----------------------------------------------------
>
>I suggested BreezeBrowser Pro
><http://www.breezesys.com/BreezeBrowser/index.htm> because it is
>designed to do 1 and 2 very well using raw or jpeg files.  It doesn't
>know anything about indexing but it does do a nice RGB histogram.  It's
>also very handy for sorting and ranking images and doing side-by-side
>comparisons.  It also creates proof images as well as simple html pages
>to control image display for the web.

Thanks! I've looked at this before, but didn't remember the name or
where it was. For $70, I would want to find the web gallery tools useful
too. They look good on the site, but I don't know if they are what I
need or not. I need to spend some time looking into the gallery
features. Too expensive for just viewing files and I don't need any of
the coordination features, just one of me making images at any given
time of any given subject.

If MS doesn't come through, I may just use Explorer for everything but
RAW files and Rawshooter Essentials for RAW files. It's a good thunbnail
browser, with adjustable thumbnail sizes, a big plus, a good viewer and
will do first class RAW conversion, if needed for some reason out in the
wild world. And free is a good price...

Moose