[OM] Re: Good quality 3rd party lenses!

Subject: [OM] Re: Good quality 3rd party lenses!
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:47:47 +1000
Perhaps the Kiron 24mm f2. This can be had for not much and is
excellent. The 28mm f2 is great too and both are a lot, lot cheaper
than their Zuiko equivalents, although hard to find in OM mount.
Normally you'd pay less than US$100.
And as a postscript to the previous caution, I bought one recently on
oBoy for US$75 that arrived with both rear element haze and a sticky
aperture diaphragm (excellent condition - yeah, sure). Fortunately
the seller was a human being and refunded the postage as well.
Checking it, it seemed brighter than my old Zuiko 24/2 and cooler too
- much nicer in the finder.
As I understand, all the Kirons are good but the fast primes and the
long macro (105mm?) are exceptional.
AndrewF