[OM] Re: [OM][OT] Bicycle advice

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM][OT] Bicycle advice
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 18:24:53 +0100
Frugal

I commute around 18 miles each way on a couple of days a week and I
use a Scott Sportster P5.  I can make around 25mph without pedalling
too fast (42 up front on the large gear and around 13 at the back).
But I have to be able to do that in about an hour so I have a Currie
Electrodrive attached with a 9a/h NiMH battery.  This gives me an
average speed in most conditions of around 18 mph (of course ;-)).

If I weren't using a motor I should probably put drop handles on the
bike.

It has brought my weight and blood pressure down a treat.  We'll see
about the cholesterol in a couple of days' time ...

Chris
~~ >-)-
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.