[OM] Re: [OM][OT] Bicycle advice

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM][OT] Bicycle advice
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:58:21 -0700
On 8/15/05 9:40 AM, "Andrew Dacey" <adacey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm looking at buying a bicycle for commuting.

Hey Andrew,

Have a look at Rivendell Bicycles: <http://rivendellbicycles.com/>

Grant Petersen is the original retro-grouch, so if you like OM's you might
like his approach to putting a bike together. (He's a rangefinder shooter,
by the way.) I've got a Bridgestone RB-T he designed while head of marketing
for Bridgestone back in the early '90's. Unfortunately it's so, versatile,
practical and durable I can't justify buying a new bike!

This is a local shop, but Olaf has a lot of interesting links to the kinds
of bikes Chris was talking about--power assist:
<http://www.electricvehiclesnw.com/>

Cheers,
Rob in Seattle