[OM] Re: C-8080 first impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: C-8080 first impressions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:15:35 -0700
Paul Braun wrote:

>Hadn't thought of it that way.... maybe it's just a personal taste
>thing, then.  Making everything shiny silver with gold highlights
>just ain't my thing.
>
>Of course, it's a known fact that black cameras take better pictures
>than silver ones.  ;-P

I don't much like the silver look either. However, the choice may be
more than just style. Try setting a black Stylus or XA and one of those
shiny things out on the table in the sun while you have an al fresco
lunch. Pick them both up at the end to take pictures of Al and other
companions.

With consumer print film, relatively short periods of higher temps
didn't make much difference. With digital, noise goes up rapidly with
temperature. For consumer P&S cameras, highly reflective finishes are a
way to avoid customer disappoinment, returns, repair requests, etc.

Moose