[OM] Re: Random Image #9

Subject: [OM] Re: Random Image #9
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:19:58 -0400

Walt Wayman wrote:
> Chuck probably is right.  I considered bloodroot, but the petals just didn't
> look right to me: too skinny and too few.  Maybe it's an undernourished
> specimen.

What did you expect?  It's growing just outside Boston and was lucky to
survive the last winter.  This one probably has petal minusitis.  :-)

Seriously, Dean's image is on the bottom rung for petal count and the
link you supplied is on the top rung.  The flowers do look quite
different.  I first thought that it was "twin leaf" (Jeffersonia
dyphilla) but then realized that twin leaf doesn't have lobed leaves
like bloodroot.

Chuck Norcutt