[OM] Re: Anybody using OM ZUIKO lenses on Canon/Nikon DSLR's?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anybody using OM ZUIKO lenses on Canon/Nikon DSLR's?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:21:43 -0400
Moose wrote:

> Adapters are available from CameraQuest in Calif for $175
> <http://www.cameraquest.com/adaptnew.htm#Canon%20EOS%20SLR%20%20Body>,
> or from Martin Cheung in Hong Kong for $110, including shipping
> <martinsmcheung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>. Martin's is less professionally made than
> the Kindai brand at CameraQuest, but Chuck says it looks and works
> great.
--------------------------------------

On close examination of Martin's adapter I see some tool chatter marks
in an unimportant area that leads me to believe that the adapter is
probably machined by hand... as opposed to a volume operation using
numerically controlled equipment.

But the adapter is made to tight tolerances as it fits EOS bodies well
and OM lenses fit without any slop.  It appears to be made of chrome
plated brass or bronze with flat black paint in appropriate places for
reflection control.  The stop down pin is also in exactly the right spot
to fully close the diaphragm.  Probably made by hand but made very well.

Chuck Norcutt