[OM] Re: Is Olympus going bankrupt? Am I a creditor?

Subject: [OM] Re: Is Olympus going bankrupt? Am I a creditor?
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:10:53 -0300
On 8/16/05, Ali <oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Rebates are scams if you think about it. Why not just give you the
> discount right away instead of having to CUT UPC codes, etc. I guess the
> manufacturers probably figure people will either forget to send the
> rebate or make a mistake that will make the transaction null and void.
>
> BTW - stay away from Circuit City. They are horrible for rebates.

There's a big box electronics store in Canada that uses rebates all
the time to make their prices seem lower. You'll get a flyer from them
and almost every price will have an asterix next to it telling you
that's the price after rebate.

What's particularly annoying about this is that in my provice we have
15% sales tax, which is applied to the full purchase price of the item
and you don't get that back from the rebate.