[OM] Re: SyncBack, was Re: **SPAM** Re: Back up your data.

Subject: [OM] Re: SyncBack, was Re: **SPAM** Re: Back up your data.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:10:15 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

>Thanks to Tom for recommending SyncBack.  It's far superior in function
>and interface to the other backup software I was using... not to mention
>that it's free.

Ad thanks Chuck, too, for reminding me to check it out. I was going to
get back to Tom's post, but hadn't yet.

>I should have picked up from the name that SyncBack also does
>synchronization between drives/folders.  What I had been using,
>"12 Ghosts backup", did synchronization but not in such a way as to be
>able to maintain a mirror of another drive.  With "12 Ghosts backup" if
>you try to back up all of drive X to drive Y you end up with a folder on
>Y named "X_" that contains all of X.  With SyncBack drive Y is a
>faithful copy of X (assuming you've set the parameters that way).

Yes, that's terrific! I just synced my primary and backup directories of
images from the 300D. I have this unfortunate tendency to get a bit lost
in the file viewer in PS and work sometimes on one disk and sometimes on
the other, i don't mean to, but.....  Anyway, SyncBack took care of that
very quickly and easily. Excellent!

Moose