[OM] Re: Is Olympus going bankrupt? Am I a creditor?

Subject: [OM] Re: Is Olympus going bankrupt? Am I a creditor?
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:08:18 +0000
Well, bless my little tax-evading heart!  I never heard of that, but a bit of
quick research turned up the following regarding Georgia sales and use tax:

560-12-2-.54 Interstate Commerce.
(1) The tax applies to:
(a) All sales at retail of tangible personal property, the delivery of which
takes place in
Georgia, regardless of any subsequent employment or use thereof in interstate
commerce; and
(b) The first use in Georgia of tangible personal property bought elsewhere in a
transaction which would have been taxed had the transaction occurred in Georgia,
provided such property has become a part of the mass of the property in this
State, irrespective of the fact that such property may have been or may be used
in
interstate commerce.

Interesting that my stuff becomes "a part of the mass of the property in this
state."  I thought it was just mine.

Anyway, I've got my Glock back out and have barricaded the doors and shuttered
the windows.  I'm gonna hold them off as long as I can when they come to take
me away!  I think I hear the helicopters now!

Walt, big-time criminal

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --