[OM] Re: Is Olympus going bankrupt? Am I a creditor?

Subject: [OM] Re: Is Olympus going bankrupt? Am I a creditor?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:14:10 -0700
So if you drive to New York, buy a camera, drive home, then open the box in
Georgia you owe sales tax to Georgia? (and probably New York) Reminds me of
a comment made by someone in another country that the government makes
everything illegal then the government officials decide who has to obey the
laws ...

Nearly 30 years ago I received a letter along with the rototiller that came
from New York, that although the company doesn't collect taxes for the state
of California, that I am obligated to pay the appropriate taxes. IRRC
California had been pushing to get everyone anywhere in the U.S. to collect
the taxes before shipping. They didn't succeed  :)
-jeff