[OM] Re: Well, it's settled then.

Subject: [OM] Re: Well, it's settled then.
From: "Scott Gomez" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:51:21 -0700
Received my E-1 from NZ yesterday. The 14-54 takes 67mm filters, as I
discovered when I stopped to buy a circular polarizer for it. The
learning curve doesn't look steep, but it is *different* from film
cameras. The usual advice applies: RTFM. One can, however, quite clearly
use the camera right out of the box, once the battery has been charged.

What I'm quite pleased with, at this point, is just how nicely designed
for *use* the E-1 is proving to be. I had very little time yesterday to
even begin to play around, save sitting in the living room last evening
reading the manual (once I printed out the PDF) and learning the
controls. What at first looks like a rather bewildering array of buttons
and dials quite rapidly becomes understandable and even makes some
sense.

---
Scott Gomez