[OM] Re: #276 & #277

Subject: [OM] Re: #276 & #277
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:04:31 -0700
Spotted a couple days ago http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05269.htm
A gorgeous picture whose wider field of view really makes me think about the
differences in life style between silicon valley and where Graham walks.

Even seeing the canals that are nearly full during the summer
http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05276.htm ... They are dramatically
different from the large local creeks that are nearly dry except for a few
short rainy periods when they fill, some becoming larger than Graham's
canals.

A year or two back I believe it was Bob Gries who posted a website
documenting much of the architecture in one or two blocks. It was very well
done and grabbed my attention.

I can't imagine photos of silicon valley suburbs attracting any attention
except in the distant future when everything has changed yet again.

-jeff
(thanks for all the great photos Graham)