[OM] Re: Is Olympus going bankrupt? Am I a creditor?

Subject: [OM] Re: Is Olympus going bankrupt? Am I a creditor?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 06:31:55 +1000
How sad - wait until you get a national goods AND services tax like
the rest of us. Then you'll really be able to complain. In fact, I
have this theory...
It was rejected by the populace here when first suggested and went
away for a while - then, when the World Bank and the other major US-
dominated organisation those name escapes me for a while swung by to
restructure the Indonesian economy (and wasn't that fun!) our
fearless leader nipped up for a chat with the likes of Greenspan and
suddenly it's back. Coincidence, huh? Clearly it's a yankee plot to
keep the rest of the world's economies lagging behind, right/ RIGHT?
Of course, cameras used to be taxed as luxury goods at about 27% I
think so there are a few minor benefits...
Andrewf