[OM] Re: Back up your data.

Subject: [OM] Re: Back up your data.
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:42:33 +0100
Yes, I use a small LaCie Firewire (bus-powered) hard drive of 40Gb to
go with my iBook.  It works very well and I keep it steady while it
is powered up.

My iBook works fine on the move though.  I decided to install OS10.4
(Tiger) just before going to an appointment.  It took far longer than
I anticipated so I shut up the iBook, expecting it to go to sleep
while I walked to my appointment, about 20 minutes away.  Well, when
I opened it in the pub (it was an appointment in a pub ... ;-)) the
screen was blank.  I cursed myself for my impatience, thinking that I
had broken something, but it was merely restarting, having completed
the installation on the move!

I love my little iBook ...

Chris
~~ >-)-