[OM] Re: Woohoo! It's here!!!

Subject: [OM] Re: Woohoo! It's here!!!
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:33:24 -0700
On Aug 18, 2005, at 2:24 PM, Paul Braun wrote:

> The E1 showed up today like it was supposed to.

Congratulations! I know how tense it can be waiting for something
like that to show up. Especially when it's your firstborn digital
Oly. ;-)

On a kind of related note, I was in CompUSA last night picking up
blank DVD-Rs and spent about five minutes or so manhandling a 20D. I
know, I know...it's evil. ;-)

I had the guy behind the counter get it running for me (it was on
display sans power, memory and lens). Fast little bugger. That was my
first reaction to messing with it. Fast focus, fast shutter response,
fast everything. Really eager little machine. Not as big or bulky as
I thought it would be. Not nimble, mind you, but not a total brick,
either. $1599 with no lens at CompUSA, though. Not exactly a bargain.
Impressive, though.